"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Mornings

Yesterday I was about to write this process off as something that wasn't meant to be. I'm not sure Dan & I are on the same page. We are reading the same 'book.' I think we both have felt 'the call.' We both understand that God has opened our eyes to the needs of these children. What we do with this knowledge is still up for discussion.

Yesterday I took the kids, along with my parents & nephew Braedon, to the Grand Rapids Symphony's "Picnic Pops" for kids. As you know, we live in a predominantly white community. The church where this was held was no different. As I was sitting there I watched a very young little girl with beautiful black curls play on her mom's lap a few rows ahead. I wondered if she was adopted. If she was a child from Africa. As I was watching this baby another little girl, a few years older, and just as beautiful, walked next to me & sat a few rows behind. She also had beautiful dark skin & curls. Hand in hand with her light skinned mom and little brother. Was she also adopted? Is this a coincidence? Maybe. But in a sea of white faces and blond/brown hair, these beautiful little girls sat a few rows ahead, and a few rows behind me. If God was trying to tell me something, it worked.

Here is a Sunday morning meditation that I found on another blog, linked above in the title.

IS THIS TRUE OF ME?


It is easier to serve or work for God without a vision and without a call,
because then you are not bothered by what He requires. But once you receive a commission from Jesus Christ, the memory of what God asks of you will always be there to prod you on to do His will.
You will no longer be able to work for Him on the basis of common sense.
Never consider whether or not you are of use - you are His.

1 comment:

  1. I totally know where you are coming from. When I decided to adopt I started seeing Asian children everywhere I went. Were they there all along and I never noticed or was it indeed a sign?
    Be faithful, you will be answered.

    ReplyDelete