"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Define Necessity

Define Necessity. A 2 car garage? A fridge full of food? A closet full of clothing? A car for each adult? What's a necessity in America?

It's March 10th. Just over 2 months into a new year. Did you know that 24 MILLION people have died because of starvation this year? THIS YEAR. Did you know that 200,000 kids will die of starvation this week?

"For I was hungry and you did not feed me. I was thirsty and you did not give me a drink. I was a stranger and you did not invite me to your house. I was naked, and you did not give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you did not visit me."

"Then they will reply, 'Lord when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?"

"I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me."

(This is the absolute saddest thing I have ever seen.)


Every 2.43 seconds someone dies from starvation.

Now redefine necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment