"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12

Monday, July 5, 2010

Special Days Camp- a camp for children fighting cancer

I will be so blessed next month when we host our first event at camp next month. With 80 kids expected we will be busy pampering the girls & playing with all the boys in attendance. Through the For A Day Foundation of Grand Rapids we will be hosting a big party for these kids!

To keep costs down (we are on a limited budget) we have selected a less expensive craft for this event. I found a foam 'badge' project for the boys & a garland halo project for the girls.




A friend at Panopoulos Salon is organizing volunteers & donations for a hair style station but because some children are undergoing chemotherapy and have lost thier hair she is also seeking donations for bandanas.

I will be asking a local grocer this week for a donation of cookies, frosting, and sprinkles so that we can host a cookie decorating station. I will be looking for tattoos for both the boys & girls for a tattoo station, and will will of course have our normal stations.

I'm am still working on goodie bags. I'd like to have large goodie bags that will hold their tiara's, boa's, make-up, firefighter helmet, cookie, etc.. but I think that is out of my budget. Toying with the idea of just getting colored lunch bags but I'm afraid that would be to small.

I wasn't aware of how much work this directorship was when I signed up, but when it all comes together it is worth all the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment