"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12

Monday, July 12, 2010

I love quotes.

I have a thing for quotes. I love uplifting, happy, and motivating quotes. I love when you read one and it just sticks to you and doesn't let go.


"The miracle we hope for is not always the miracle we receive."


That quote brought me back to the adoption we were talking about. Maybe that's not a 'miracle' in itself (well maybe it is?) but I prayed long and hard for something that I didn't get. I did however get to sponsor a beautiful little girl a few years older than the 'little girl' I was hoping to adopt. I begin a life changing sponsorship instead. This little girl will be able to live at home with her biological mom. Her mom won't have to worry if she has been fed that day because her sponsorship will take care of that for her and I think that in itself is HUGE! And I get to start what I hope is a life long friendship with someone who lives in Ethiopia. Win Win! :)

In fact, now I have 2 friends in Ethiopia now & 1 in Haiti. I didn't select these other two. Compassion selected them for me. Do you remember why we wanted to adopt from Ethiopia? Because we were to young to adopt from Haiti. With all the other countries Compassion works with, they just happened to select them from Haiti & Ethiopia. God knows what he's doing! He knows where my heart is and is making it very clear that this is what he wants me to do.


"The BEST and most BEAUTIFUL things in the WORLD cannot be SEEN or even TOUCHED. They must be FELT with the HEART." Helen Keller


There WAS a little girl in Ethiopia waiting for me. Just not the way I had hoped. I PLAN to visit her someday. I hope I have a lot of children in Ethiopia to visit some day. Until then I will just shower them all with love, letters, and gifts! I will do my best to bring HOPE and love into their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment