"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12

Sunday, February 28, 2010

"What to do?"

This would be so much easier if we both were 100% certain on our desires for our family. I think we are both still "sitting on the fence." My heart longs for a little girl with beautiful black curls. It really, honestly does. The children are so beautiful and in a short amount of time I've fallen in love with the country of Africa. But I'm also content with my perfect little family of four. And the money, goodness.. the money.. it costs so much to adopt! We have money, but we would have to take out a loan for a while. We can just dish over $17,000 to $20,000+ in such a short period of time. (We could potentially have everything legal & completed by the end of the year if we started today.)

I wish there was more of a 'waiting children' program for Ethiopia. I feel like it would be easier to see their sweat little faces, to pray about a specific child, and to make the next step if we knew who we were doing it for.

So if this doesn't happen, what's next? What is God asking of us? It seems very unclear right now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie and Dan. Thanks for your request to see the private one. Sure no problem- but you didn't leave your email address. It requires that to send you the invite. BTW I'm tagging your blog to follow.

    On this post- I've learned that when God needs/wants you to move- there is no question or doubt. Wait on the Lord. Don't be afraid you'll miss something.. He'll find you.

    ReplyDelete