"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Letter Day!

After being disappointed that no letter was in my stack of vacation mail, I received one with today's delivery! Yay!!!

From Ashenafi:

22/10/2002 (June 29, 2010)

Dear Dan & Julie
How do you do? I am doing well. Praise be to God.
(Parents & 3 siblings names.. hard to read.)

Best game: Soccer
Best food: Chicken stew
Best pet: dog
Color: white
Holiday: Easter

I live in a town called Debre Zeit which is 47km from Addis Ababa. There are around 7 lakes and mountains. The weather is nice. When I grow up I'd like to be an accountant.

I am so thankful for your willingness to be my sponsor. Where do you live? I would like to have your picture. How many children do you have? I live with my family. I am 2nd year accounting college student.

How about your weather? Are your children students or workers?

Pray for me to be successful in my education and __?__ to have driving license. Pray that God may help me.


** There are a couple parts I'm confused about. The translator wrote 3 of the same sentences twice. I hope that she didn't miss anything by doing that. His letter seemed longer than that unless he did in fact rewrite things. Regardless I received a beautiful letter from him. I just love him to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment